20.2.12

Alisha Dixon’s newest record ‘Do It Our Way (Play)’ has made such a splash amongst the Adele and Lana Del Ray numbers and it just so happens it’s the theme tune to her new ad campaign for Weight Watchers, which I guess is really handy with her LA Fitness contract. When listening to the lyrics I became aware the song really spoke to me although I’m not sure If I am the ‘target market’ – apparently loosing weight will enable me to wear a brighter lipstick with brighter colours and take centre stage, if this is the case I am a size zero superhero.

Out all night, yelling, shouting
Wear that smile, I like what I see
Always, always
We're gonna do, do, do it our way
Feel so hot, lipstick's brighter
Who, what, where, is rocking with me
Always, always
We're gonna do, do, do it our way

Out all night, yelling, shouting
Wear that smile, I like what I see
Always, always
We're gonna do, do, do it our way
Feel so hot, lipstick's brighter
Who, what, where, is rocking with me
Always, always
We're gonna do, do, do it our way

Now I know what I want out of life
It bright colours, so my body can't hide
And now I wear a little make up
Taking centre stage here on made-up
And now i'm doing what I wanted at last
Whatever makes me happy


For anyone who thinks this means I am anti-diet this isn’t the case, if it works for you then great – do it! - a message you wouldn’t get from the hardcore fat activists. I am anti i-used-to-be-fat-to-benefit-column-inches-and-a-career - a simple Google search of ‘Alisha Dixon Fat’ shows a long history of vox pops and publicity of her size and proud curves quickly followed by contracts with LA fitness, Weight Watchers, Fitness First and a series of diets to accompany - a confusing message for any young person who chooses Dixon as their poster girl.  

As for the video you know somewhere along the line a picture of 'The Rope' was Prit Sticked to a mood board with the words 'egdy' and 'fresh'. I'm all for real people making 'work' but the statement 'No actors were used to make this film' should follow '...real people were damaged in the making of this film to achieve their target weight'. 

I knew I preferred Mis-Teeq.



_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments: