26.4.12

Unhappy Birthday

You may have noticed I've been spouting Smiths / Morrissey lyrics on Twitter and Facebook for LOLZ, its because I've got my first real directors gig on a show called Unhappy Birthday. Back on the 3rd January 2011 Amy Lamé asked me to attend her birthday champagne fest in a basement flat in Kings Cross (she'd have you believe its Bloomsbury), along with many bottles a question was popped that saw the next year and a half in and out of rehearsal rooms, charity shops and rich friends second homes - 'will you be my director?'

Jo Good asked me yesterday what rehearsals were like, I responded '...nice we just eat nuts and listen to a lot of Morrissey really'. I want you to come and see this, my first moment in the directors chair but hopefully not my last.

A few London dates have already sold out dates, only 60 seats per show so advance booking advised.




1-12 May
London - Camden Peoples Theatre Tickets

18 - 19 May
Manchester - Contact Tickets 

31 May - 1 June
Brighton - Nightingale Tickets 

8 June
Birmingham - MAC Tickets 

22 June
Colchester - Colchester Arts Centre Tickets 

29 June
Norwich - Norwich Arts Centre Tickets

2 - 26 Aug
Edinburgh - Assembly More info soon

More RSVP clips, rehearsal footage and gossip at https://www.facebook.com/unhappybirthday

No comments: