5.10.13

I feel the need to blog - this is a very modern dilemma isn't it?

I thought it was time for a bit of a catch up because lots of people keep asking when the next London thing is on and its only just occurred to me - I haven't done anything within the M25 since July!

I've been travelling a lot recently, I've had some variety type performance gigs across Europe - I've literally just got back from Amsterdam (it's so cute there) and I'm already packing for another trip! This week I'm heading to Cornwall to work on a top secret R&D project with KneeHigh!

So what have I been doing since July?! Over the past few months we've successfully launched my new company Scottee inc. The company (soon to be charity) will produce my big shows like Camp and Hamburger Queen as well as some new, rather exciting projects. Scottee inc. will deal with a lot of the paper work / funding / logistic stuff so I can focus on making bigger work. It will also help kick start phase two of getting fatties, femmes and faggots on bigger stages and screens across the world. We have a board, a bank account and a bunch of ideas!

I'm currently touring my debut solo tour The Worst of Scottee which is going really well and as a result it looks like we'll be adding another tour in Spring 2014 as well as some Australian dates! The London run will be at the Roundhouse from 4 - 15th February! The current leg of the tour finishes in November and then we start to plan for Christmas!

Camp is back this Christmas after last years phenomenal sell out run at the Roundhouse. This year the show will take up residence on my estate... in the tenants hall. Camp (on the Estate) will be on sale mid November - there are only 4 performances so you'll have to be quick! Sign up to our mailing list to be kept in the loop!

We're also putting on a big do at Shoreditch Town Hall for NYE inventively titled Camp (NYE). This goes on sale in the next few weeks but I can tell you Ida Barr, Jonny Woo and The Actionettes will be joined by 5 other acts and a special "celebrity" guest DJ! Spend your NYE with me - I'm promising it will be cheap, a right laugh and not the usual bore core NYE can be!

This week in my role as one of the (not so) famous five Loose Ends interviewers I got to chew the fat with Lisa Stansfield (scream). The show is available for seven days here.

I've also recently signed with Curtis Brown - they are THEE agents and I'm really pleased to be working with Richard and his team!

With all this going on a lot of my time is taken up meeting people for coffee and trying to work out excel spreadsheets BUT next year I will be touring - LOTS, making LOTS of new work, LOTS more radio stuff and eating LOTS of international cheese!


Scottee inc. need your support in making work happen, your support will help us make big, bold, community minded work with the Mum's on Scottee's estate, fat women and older LGBT people. If you would like to discuss our patron and producers scheme please contact shaun@scottee.co.uk


You can always keep up with me on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram or write me a letter if you fancy being old fashioned.

Life is exciting and I'm looking forward to showing you new ideas soon.

No comments: