27.7.12

Its Friday, the shops have sold out of Crunchies, the Olympics is kicking off, women and children on council estates have missiles on their roof and we're going to die in December. Optimism.


I thought I would give you abit of an update on what is going on because people keep asking me 'what are you up to?' and I'd like to be pretentious and respond 'read my blog'.


Follow: Over the last few months I have been filming a real time documentary with Tim Brunsden for AND Festival. The aim is to become a twitterlebrity and make a film that is RT'ed and influnced by the response. We have just finished filming episode 3 which will be out towards the end of August.


Follow will have its first public screening at the Cornerhouse in Manchester on 31st August at 18:20, followed by a Q&A with Tim and myself (http://www.andfestival.org.uk/events/follow/).

Episode 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0L3RZNS35Q&feature=plcp

Episode 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7HKiJnwZ7E&feature=plcp


Edinburgh: Unhappy Birthday - the show I directed this year starring the fat lady from the telly Amy Lamé will be at the Edinburgh festival from 2 - 26 Aug. London and regional tour bought in fab reviews and even Lyn Gardener seemed to like it - i know! Book a seat here http://www.assemblyfestival.com/event.php?id=257.


I'm also reviewing select shows for Huffington Post while I'm there and going a turn at Hunt & Dartons Art Cafe on 18th and something for Forest Fringe later in the month.


Camp: She's back after her ridiculously wonderful outing at Circus Fest. Camp at Bestival in September on Friday & Saturday night from 10pm - 1am with a gorge line up of trans in semi-expensive wigs. She then makes her comeback at the Roundhouse for a special xmas run titled Camp (as Christmas) which has already gone onsale (this also makes me feel sick in July) http://www.roundhouse.org.uk/whats-on/productions/camp-as-christmas - line up will be released in late September.


Party Piece: The first showing worked really well and people want it to come back so we've booked in the first night (of hopefully many) at the Soho Theatre on 29th September - save the date - this will go on sale in the next week! Exciting! Party Piece is also making an appearance at LAB in Leeds in November.


Rex The Dog: I directed my first music video for Rex The Dog this month! Its out in September and lets just say its very... Scottee.


That's enough for now, I'm sweating in my studio and me and JDC are desperate for a can of 7UP.
Yours,  Scoffee. X

No comments: